Thorndon

Suffolk

mobile menu button
Home > Church

All Saints' Church

The font is a piece of 15th century stone carving from the Hawes workshop in Occold.  It's decorated with 'grinning' lions and angels.

The church has recently been improved with the addition of an oak screen at the west end, behind which is concealed a small kitchen and toilet.  As a result of these new facilities it is now possible for community based ventures such as T-Plus, to take place.  The acoustics in the church make it a popular venue for concerts.  On the 2nd Sunday of the month Café Church is held which provides the opportunity for a breakfast of croissants, tea or coffee whilst being entertained by the Parable Players.  On the 4th Sunday Café Communion is held; both events are for all ages.

The Lych Gate contains the village  War Memorial which features both the Great War and World War II, see also the Order of Dedication as performed on the 26th February 1922.  

A book has been written by Clive Paine, well known historian and broadcaster and copies are available from the church, cost £3

More information about Thorndon Church is available on the Suffolk Churches website.